6.09.2008

Pilgrimage

I'm going to mecca. Not the Mecca, but for me, mecca.
This week I'll be heading to Google world headquarters for the 2008 Sketchup Basecamp.

Anyone who knows me will understand how stinkin cool this is for me so sorry if I've already spouted off about this to you way to many times now, but dang! I get to go to Google and play with Sketchup! This must be how the passengers of the Love Boat felt before their voyages.

I had to win a lottery of sorts to get in, only 250 of 4000 folks who signed up received invitations and I was one of them.

For those of you who havn't heard about it, Sketchup is a rad (and by 'rad' I mean freaking cool)3d modeling program that, like so many Google applications, is simple, intuative, accessible and best of all, free.

I've been using it at work and home for a year or so and it is super funly powerfull and addicting.
Here's a model of a Craftsman style town home I slapped together using Sketchup.

Anywho, thanks to all who have shared in my excitement, you'll proably have to hear more next week ; )>



This is my 100th post! thanks to Blogger, yet another awesome Google ap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is sad to see someone likes sketchup as much as I do. I have made the trip from Australia, I even turned up 2 days early so I wouldnt be jet lagged when i get there. I went to the google plex one day early so I could have a sticky beek. I took some phots of them errecting the tent. I am a sad excuse for a human but enjoy every minute of my sad existance. bellow is a link to the photos i took http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/editCaptions?tok=2_uUheBJHCLAyJAv2ch2c4Fl7nk&uname=aadbuild&aid=5210392436273100401